15 Questions with Surbhi Pansari
Surbhi Pansari’s latest Spring Summer Collection : Morpankh Collection has been the talk of the town due to the vibrancy of colours and style that has left the menswear industry mesmerised.
We caught Surbhi for a quick chat about her collection and her take on the blooming luxury menswear industry:
1. What inspired you to create the MorPankh collection?
A MorPankh is a beautiful melange of colours which reminds us that true beauty is achieved through transformation and growth. This made it a perfect inspiration for this season’s collection!
2. Describe your collection in one line.
An ode to wonderful men who represent royalty and respect.
3. What is the colour palette for this collection?
Cilantro green, peacock blue, light plum and antique gold.
4. How much time did it take to create this collection?
This collection was there in my mind since a long time, execution aspect of it started primarily in January, 2022.
5. How would you describe your personal style?
Stylish, good fit & bright colours!
6. What sets you apart?
A belief that everything happens for a reason & hardwork.
7. One fashion trend that you like?
Layering. I believe it can do wonders!
8. What is it you like best about being a fashion designer?
Always surrounded with colours and an innovative yet curious mind awaiting to design something new.
9. How do you stay up to date regarding fashion?
I focus on what has not been naturally captured by the industry in a long time and try to recreate it.
10. A fashion trend for men that cannot go wrong.
A smart fitted bandhgala.
11. Your favourite celebrity in terms of style.
That is a difficult question as every celebrity has their own style. However, if asked to pick a few, Shahid Kapoor and Vicky Kaushal have style quotient on point.
12. How has the menswear fashion industry evolved with time.
It has evolved with a plethora of vibrant colours and cuts. Men are now willing to experiment with their fashion choices.
13. A must have accessory for men.
Pocket Square and brooch.
14. A piece of advice for aspiring fashion designers.
Do create something that resonates with your heart but do keep the commercial aspect in mind.
15. What’s next?
It’s too soon to say but what’s next is very soon!